Update Covid-19 health and safety measures
- The US organisation of CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2022, the largest tech conference in the world, has decided to implement enhanced health and safety measures as a result of the covid-19 pandemic.
- The trade show takes place between 5 and 8 January in Las Vegas. Visitor numbers are reduced, and only vaccinated visitors are allowed on-site. Visitors are asked to test, and both PCR tests and rapid antigen tests are provided. Wearing a mask is compulsory, and some key note speeches will be available online as well.
- In recently years, the Netherlands Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economic Affairs and Climate Change, together with Techleap (previously known as StartupDelta), organised successful economic missions for innovative startups and scale-ups.
- They have decided today (24-12-2021) that the mission to CES can only continue on a very limited scale, centered around the own stands of startups and scale-ups – most of which are situated at the NL pavilions. There will be no Dutch events or other extra activities on-site.
- The mission organisers are in close contact with CES and the US authorities and follow the latest developments around CES.
- As always, companies take part in the conference (and the economic mission) on an individual basis. Of course they are allowed to make their own decision about their participation.